It’s time to take advantage of Cinco de Mayo with one of my favorite party dishes!
When I worked in public accounting I would bring in my “Top Secret 7-Layer Taco Dip” to my team (the “secret” was I used 3x more cheese than the recipe called for) every year for Cinco de Mayo. We won’t be doing any of that today, but today’s dish is the next best thing.
Click on the video below to watch me make my super-easy chunky guacamole recipe AND my healthy alternative to tortilla chips.
3 ripe avocados
1 large tomato (or 2 small)
1 small red onion
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Dice avocado, tomato, and onion into equal sizes.
2. Add to a large bowl.In a small bowl, juice both limes and mix with sea salt to make kind of a salty lime-ade.
3. Pour lime juice mixture over chopped veggies.
4. Top with cilantro (optional) and stir to combine.
5. Serve with multigrain tortilla chips OR a crunchy veggie like Belgian endive leaves. Enjoy!
In the video I mentioned “those people” who think cilantro tastes like soap. Which one are you – do you love cilantro or avoid it at all costs?