I LOVE toasted hazelnuts (and stuff they come in, like Nutella) – they’re an amazing topping for sassing up any basic veggie dish, salad, oatmeal, or dessert in a flash.
But when you buy hazelnuts they usually come with those pesky skins still on them.
Luckily, they’re easy (and fun) to remove.
So check out this week’s quickie video to see how to toast and skin hazelnuts (and make your kitchen smell heavenly) in 5 minutes. Just click on the video below!
Stay tuned – in the next video I’ll show you my favorite veggie dish that I use these toasted hazelnuts on.
Here’s the How-To…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 cup of raw hazelnuts on a dry baking sheet.
- Roast hazelnuts in the oven for about 5 minutes until skins turn dark and start to blister.
- Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, then pick up all the nuts in a clean kitchen towel.
- Wrap the nuts in the towel and rub your hands together for about 10 seconds — all the skins should just rub right off!
- Enjoy whole as a snack or roughly chop the hazelnuts to enjoy on top of salads, veggie side dishes, oatmeal, or yogurt all week!