Hello there! I just got back from a fantastic retreat in Mexico with my coach Marie Forleo and my Mastermind group.
It was an intense weekend but I came back with a gameplan for an exciting project I’m working on (more on that soon) and I snagged a few pointers on how to make my guacamole recipe even better (I definitely OD’d on that stuff).
But no guacamole today! In today’s video I want to share with you my go-to healthy meal when I haven’t planned ahead, need something fast, and I need to keep myself satisfied and alert for hours.
The best part is that this tasty meal can be breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. I have it at least 3 times a week. Click on the video below to see how to make a delicious poached egg over chopped tomatoes, avocado, and sprouted grain toast.
1 organic, free range egg
1 tbsp vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
1 slice sprouted grain bread (look in the freezer aisle – I like Ezekiel or Alvarado Street Bakery)
chopped tomato, avocado, or other veggies of choice (this is good with grilled veggies too)
1. Fill pot with a few inches of water. Bring to boil.
2. Crack egg into a small cup or bowl.
3. Lower heat so water is barely bubbling.
4. Lower the cup into the water to gentle release the egg.
5. Toast bread, chop veggies.
6. Keep an eye on the egg as it starts to set. After 3 minutes, pick it up with a slotted spoon and touch the top to see if it’s close to being done (if you prefer the yolk more runny). Continue to cook if desired.
7. Place veggies on top of toast. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Place the egg right on top and enjoy!
Note: If I’m not using avocado, I’ll use a small pat of butter on the toast or drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes before I place the egg on top.
What do you think, look simple? What’s your go-to healthy meal? Leave a comment below and let me know!