So many of you have asked for easy “on-the-go” snacks and meals…well I’ve got something fun for you today.
To me, the easiest way to boost your energy and mood and feel instantly lighter is to eat some scrumptious leafy greens.
And one of the easiest ways to sneak them in is use them as a wrap!
Today I’m showing you how to make a super-tasty white bean salad that’s basically a vegan tuna salad or “mock tuna salad” wrapped in a big old nutritious Collard green.
How do you like to sneak in more greens?
Recipe: Collard Green Wrap with Lemony White Bean Salad
1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
zest of 1 organic lemon
juice of half of lemon
1 tbsp chopped Italian parsley
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
3 collard greens
- Add white beans to a bowl and gently mash with a fork (they don’t all have to be completely mashed).
- Add chopped celery to the beans.
- In a small bowl, add Dijon mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, parsley and whisk with olive oil until creamy.
- Add dressing to the beans and celery, add salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix until combined.
- Cut off the tip of the Collard green stalk and spoon 1/3 of the white bean salad or “mock tuna salad” onto the bottom half of the green (lengthwise).
- Roll up the green, and slice into 3 even rolls.
- If you’d like more color, add some chopped or shredded carrots to the wrap. Enjoy!
Instead of the white cannellini beans, you can substitute this vegan tuna salad with actual tuna or cubed chicken.