A few months ago I co-hosted a Beauty Bites party with my pal Monique from Goddess Huntress.
We rustled up an exquisite grapefruit vodka cocktail, a homemade olive oil skin toner, and a tasty meal full of superfoods that promote a sparkly complexion.
The main ingredient? Asparagus.
Turns out these suckers are anti-aging powerhouses — one of the highest sources of what some call “the mother of all antioxidants”, glutathione, which helps protect against skin damage from the sun, pollution, etc.
Asparagus is also a natural diuretic, helping you de-puff and de-bloat. Perfect for shedding that extra winter “fluff”, huh?
Luckily for you asparagus is everywhere this season!
It’s like the Lupita Nyong’o of the produce aisle.
Aaaand lucky for you – I’ve got a super easy way to prepare it.
See the recipe below to learn a simple 5-ingredient asparagus side dish formula that you can mix and match all Spring.
Recipe: Asparagus with Lemon & Cashews
1 bunch of asparagus
1 tbsp grass-fed butter (or olive oil)
1 tbsp chicken (or vegetable) broth
1 tbsp white wine (or you can double up on broth)
⅓ cup cashews or any nut of your choice
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Peel and slice the shallot.
- Snap off ends of asparagus and cut into 2-inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a saute pan and saute shallots for 1 minute.
- Add broth and wine and simmer until the liquid cooks down to about half.
- Add the asparagus, a sprinkle of sea salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until they are bright green and tender.
- Add nuts, a squeeze of lemon juice, stir. Take off heat and enjoy.
What’s your favorite side dish these days?