It’s time to take advantage of Cinco de Mayo with one of my favorite party dishes!
When I worked in public accounting I would bring in my “Top Secret 7-Layer Taco Dip” to my team (the “secret” was I used 3x more cheese than the recipe called for) every year for Cinco de Mayo. We won’t be doing any of that today, but today’s dish is the next best thing.
3 ripe avocados
1 large tomato (or 2 small)
1 small red onion
1/2 tsp sea salt
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro (optional)
1. Dice avocado, tomato, and onion into equal sizes.
2. Add to a large bowl.In a small bowl, juice both limes and mix with sea salt to make kind of a salty lime-ade.
3. Pour lime juice mixture over chopped veggies.
4. Top with cilantro (optional) and stir to combine.
5. Serve with multigrain tortilla chips OR a crunchy veggie like Belgian endive leaves. Enjoy!
Some people think cilantro tastes like soap. What about you – do you love cilantro or avoid it at all costs?