Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries or “Croutons”. Careful, They’re Addictive
The best way to keep a dish simple without being boring is to add some tasty toppings. One way I love to sass up my basic salads or soups is with some crispy sweet potato fries or “croutons”.
I always make sweet potato croutons in my cooking classes and they’re a huge hit.
Here’s my recipe on how to make them.
Recipe: Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries or “Croutons”
2 sweet potatoes or yams
2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice sweet potatoes into small, ½-inch cubes.
- Add sweet potatoes to a medium bowl with olive oil and a few sprinkles of sea salt. Stir until sweet potatoes are completely coated.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a parchment-lined baking sheet (if they are too crowded, they’ll come out mushy, so you might want to use two baking sheets to give your potatoes more “personal space”).
- Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes and bake until lightly browned and crunchy at the corners.
- Let cool then serve on top of salad, soup, or as a side dish.
Good luck not horsing them all down the moment they come out of the oven, they’re pretty addictive.
P.S. Check out Go Feed Yourself for more knife skill and time-saving tutorial videos. Members love how much time they save once they know how to chop everything up!
Love the parchment paper trick! Thank you.
My pleasure Liz!
VERY EASY TO DO, TASTY AND A DIFFERENT LOOK MAKES IT APPEALING
Thanks Mike – hope all is well with you!
These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them…and I love that paper trick – so clever!
Let me know how they turn out. Thanks Djanira!
They look delicious.I will make them tonight. Your recipes are always great. I love them all.
Thanks for the parchment paper trick…that will save me alot of needless aggravation.
My pleasure – let me know how they turned out!
Love this Heather! I actually add garlic powder, onion powder and paprika to mine. Very tasty! Also, your kitchen is beautiful!
Sweet – I love adding paprika to stuff. Thanks for this!