Did you know that salmon is an amazing brain food? It’s a killer source of inflammation-fighting omega-3 fatty acids that can rebuild brain cells, improve memory, and boost your mood.
I’ve always read that salmon is fantastic for your memory (I even made sure I ate it for dinner before taking my big nerdy accounting tests in college), but for years I was afraid of cooking fish at home. It seemed so complicated and scary.
But, turns out cooking fish is ridiculously easy.
I stumbled upon this recipe years ago from Giada DeLaurentiis for Mustard-Encrusted Broiled Salmon and was instantly intrigued…
I love mustard, I love Giada, and salmon will make me super smart! S-M-R-T! How can you go wrong?
Because it’s so freaking delicious and only takes about 10 minutes to make, it’s been one of my go-to dishes ever since. Enjoy and let the brain-boosting begin…
Recipe: Mustard-Encrusted Broiled Salmon
(Adapted from Giada DeLaurentiis’, Giada’s Family Dinners)
4 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp dry white or red wine
1 tbsp olive oil
1 6-8 oz. wild caught salmon fillet per person
Lemon wedges, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard, wine, and oil until combined.
- Pre-heat the “broil” function in your oven.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Place salmon on baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the mustard sauce over the fillets.
- Continue broiling until cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer to plates and serve with a few lemon wedges if you’d like and serve with sauteed greens.
- Mix in finely chopped fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme into mustard sauce.
- Mix in 1-2 cloves of minced garlic into mustard sauce.
- Substitute wine with red or white wine vinegar or lemon juice.
P.S. I included this recipe in the bonus I created for the Healthy Entrepreneur Telesummit that is currently running right here on the interweb. As a guest speaker, I’m excited to share my favorite ways to eat well without using willpower this Monday, February 4th, along with 23 other fantastic business and healthy living experts. Click here to check it out and listen in (it’s free)!