Want a tasty and super-fast way to get in a whole bundle of veggies? Stir-fry ’em all up together. Now that it’s FREEZING here in CT, salads aren’t as exciting. Stir-fries are a nice warm, satisfying alternative.
Today I’m giving you the Stir-Fry Mix + Match Formula straight from Go Feed Yourself along with two of my favorite stir-fry recipes, like the one below. I mean, just look at it, don’t you want it on your plate right now?
Colorful Veggie Stir-Fry with Soba Noodles
(Using Mix + Match Stir-Fry Formula)
1 tbsp peanut oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp ginger, minced
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 head broccoli
8oz buckwheat soba noodles (For gluten-free, make sure you check ingredients for 100% buckwheat flour. Yep, buckwheat is not a “wheat”. Silly grains, you’re so confusing!)
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
Gomasio or toasted sesame seeds
- Slice bell peppers into thin strips, cut broccoli florets into bite-size pieces, and slice carrots into thin sticks.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions, but drain 1 minute before suggested cooking time is up.
- Heat large skillet over medium high heat and add sesame oil.
- Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add carrots and broccoli, a bit of sea salt, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add peppers and continue to stir-fry for about 2-5 minutes until veggies are brightly colored and crisp-tender.
- Add soba noodles, toasted sesame oil, and soy sauce and stir until everything is well-coated.
- Take off heat, top with gomasio or sesame seeds and serve.
They are so easy to double up into a Big-Ass Batch so you have enough to feed yourself for days!
Which ingredients would you choose for your ideal stir-fry dish? Share your own recipe or ideas below!